Children in your area need your help. Foster with us and keep a local child local – where they’ve got a better chance for a better future. In Cheshire West and Chester we believe every child deserves a stable happy home life and a childhood they will remember with a smile.
We are looking to recruit foster carers for children and young people of all ages and in particular:
- children over 5 years old
- children with disabilities
If you think that fostering might be the right decision for you, then we ask that you make an initial enquiry to our Fostering Service. You can do this by:
We aim to respond within 48 hours of receiving your enquiry.
Please note if you are under 18, do not have your main home in the UK or have serious convictions we are unable to progress your application.
There are hundreds of children in Cheshire West and Chester that need a safe and secure home because for a number of reasons they cannot be with their birth parents.
As a foster carer with Cheshire West and Chester Council you could give a local child a stable home for the odd weekend, on a short-term basis or more long term – fostering with us is flexible. In return, you’ll receive outstanding practical and social support to help your foster child to flourish and realise their potential.
Each child is different and that’s why we need all different types of foster carers – there is no ‘type.’ Fostering is an adventure; it can be a challenge, but it offers great rewards in return.
You’ll be making a difference not just to a local child, but your local community.
Why foster with Cheshire West and Chester Council?
- Because more and more children need foster carers – and as a council we’re committed to all of them
- Ofsted has rated us ‘Good’
- Because of the outstanding support and training we give to carers and their families
- We don’t make a profit – independent fostering agencies do. We just want the right carer for the right child
- We have a financial support package – you get professional fees and allowances for essentials
- Because we’re quick – we’ll always place a child with our own carers before approaching other agencies